Parkersburg, WV asked in Probate for West Virginia

Q: Re; Probate in WV .. My Father passed leaving me Executor and only Benificiary. Problem getting access to house

Will reads; hereby give, devise and bequeath all the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, real, personal and mixed, whersoever situate of which I may die, seized and posessed ... Problem is his wife of a few short years (who cheated on him) he lost all trust in her, but she won't leave the residence so I can get the belongings and heirlooms out. I did get inside the other day and she has all mothers family heairloom china, antiques and well the house is practically bare and packed up. She thinks she can take everything and live there as long as she wants even though she's seen the will before marriage and after death. Another thing is she's saying I can't come into the home until she decides to move... nor take anything out. There is a lein on the house so I need to be able to come and go to fix it up /prepare to sell to pay the debts. I have asked her to pay money to cover the lein as long as she is living in the home. Nov 19th I was name by court as benificiary

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jingzhan Wang
Jingzhan Wang
  • Tianjin, Tianjin

A: where is the house in question located?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.