Atlanta, GA asked in Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury and Domestic Violence for Georgia

Q: I been married 14 years have Tenn License. It didnt last 72 hours. He went to Jail. The judge told him he better take

Care of the Divorce. They have pictures where he beat me. When he went to jail didnt see him till 13 years later. He was still the same. But he gets a check and fixin to have money from law suit. And all this time i had insurance. Still dont.55 ive lost my daughter 33 to. MS ive been homeless lots. Just lost my brother he hung heself. Can my husband never have used his name be made to pay for abandonment for the past 14 years? Cause truly i have suffered loss my job my place to live at the start of these 14 years.we have no children toghther.

2 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to contact an experienced family law attorney to help you with your case. I'm sorry for all that you have been through. There probably will not be a monetary settlement for the last 14 years, but you can at least end the marriage and move forward.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

P. Justin Thrailkill

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Not likely an alimony case. If he is in another state, you need to file where he lives.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.