Albuquerque, NM asked in Car Accidents for New Mexico

Q: I received a summons due to careless driving. I was driving to work and had an accident. What are my options.

I was driving to work on the highway with some winter conditions present. I was driving below the speed limit when I swerved and fell into a ditch. There was nobody else on the highway at the time. Police only arrived on the scene thirty minutes later after I had called AAA. According to the court summons, this complaint was filed against me a few days later. I just received it in the mail.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Caruso
Mark Caruso
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: Thank you for contacting Caruso Law Offices.

You will need a criminal attorney in the county where the citation was issued. (Not saying that you are a criminal, but criminal attorneys handle citations like the careless driving citation you received.) We don't handle these types of cases. We only handle personal injury and wrongful death cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.