Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: Will the increase the payments if I lost my job and can’t afford to for daycare for my son or medical bills

We don’t live together and he’s doesn’t put a roof over our head I have my own house and he has his own house should I take proof that he’s been harassing Me to take him off child support

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Matthew Fox

  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: These really are questions you should be asking your lawyer. With limited information it is impossible to tell you definitively how your payments might change. I urge you to consult with your lawyer regarding your concerns, or, if you weren't represented, then consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area. In the meeting the lawyer can review your specific situation and give you well-informed advice.

Kathryn Hilbush

  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I agree with Attorney Fox. I think you're asking if your support order may be increased if you've lost your job. Maybe. It depends on why you lost your job and how much the father earns. If you're not working you don't need daycare but bringing proof of what it would cost with you to court can't hurt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.