Seattle, WA asked in Family Law for Oregon

Q: I lost guardianship of child to my ex based on lies. How do I get a Family law hearing Jackson Co to present evidence?

My ex has manipulated the system with lies. I lost guardianship of my niece and I need a hearing to show evidence off all the lies and violations so I can see my daughter again. How do I get a hearing. I live in Washington and I need a hearing in Jackson County Oregon Family court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Larsen
Jessica Larsen
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: I would need more information to fully answer your question, but assuming your ex obtained a signed order on a Motion to Show Cause, you have 30 days to respond or request a hearing. I would recommend consulting an attorney who practices in Jackson County to discuss your options more fully.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.