Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can my kids father claim our kids (continued)

When we go to court he will ask the judge to allow him to file. Is there a way to bring my concerns of him not honoring our previous agreements that he is not using the money he gets from his returns on the kids, when technically he didn't financially provide for the kids for the percentage the law requires for him to claim (more than 50%). He shouldn't be able to get a credit for financial responsibilities he did not fully contribute to, claim them and run off with money because of them. The money should be directed back to the care of the kids and not for him to waste. Do I have a defense with my concerns?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas Petrelli Jr
Thomas Petrelli Jr
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: These are questions you should be asking your lawyer. With limited information it is impossible to tell you definitively how to organize and present arguments in court. I urge you to consult with your lawyer regarding your concerns, or, if you weren't represented, then consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area. In the meeting the lawyer can review your specific situation and give you well-informed advice.

John Pasquale Attiani and Kathryn L. Sullivan agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.