Bethlehem, PA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: Help with children and youth difficult ex husband

My step son 8 years old with autism runs out the front door every chance he gets everytime i have added a new security device i have cameras locks that send notifications anyways Sunday he got out my notifications went off i was right behind him i got him home no police involvement children and youth took him from me and my wife now even though i did what i was supposed to there was a family that witnessed and a guy who claimed to be friend of my step sons father who recites and sent pictures to the father where he called it in and said he was there alone for some time children and youth found out that the first statement from the witness was not accurate why are they not giving our child back the situation is a mess because the father is trying to do everything in his power complicate my wife life he has done it since the devorce he clams to have even custody and does 3 times the amout of the court order the court order is for 7 hours a week he has then i believe a total of 37 hours o

1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Honestly, it sounds to me like you and your wife need to sit down for a detailed in person consultation with an experienced family law attorney. I'm sorry but some of what you said here doesn't make a lot of sense, complicated by the lack of punctuation I suspect, but even with periods and capital letters, I still think you need to meet with an attorney instead of seeking information online about what is clearly a complicated and messy matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.