Rexburg, ID asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: When reliced from prison am I required to abide by the policies that were in effect when I was sentenced or the changed?

Parole was 3 years when I went in and no supervision fee, now its longer and supervision fees

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Kevin M Rogers

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You are subject to the rules in place when you get out of prison or parole. If your JOC did not mention supervision fees, you should ask your Parole Officer if you have to pay fees now. If you disagree with what he/she tells you then you may contact the Court and look at your Judgment of Conviction to see if it contains a provision for supervised release but no fees. It would be unusual but possible. If you are unable to pay supervision fees you may ask the Court to waive the fees for a period of time or permanently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.