Asked in Probate for Florida

Q: I have a question about filing an amendment to my petiton

I filed a petition for Presumptive death certificate for my father with the clerk of court. I paid the filing fee with the clerk of court. The judge ordered the dept of health amd vital statistics to respond with a solution to my case. They responded by saying that i have fill out some forms which they supplied me with, and then attach the court order and the money orders for payments and submit it to the health dept. The judge assitant sent me a dismissal without prejudice and granted me 30 days to amend my petition (as I didnt have the forms attached in the first place) and refile. When I refile, do I send this to the health dept? Or the judge assistant? Or the clerk of court? Do i have to pay the filing fee again? Do I resend ALL documents as in previous petition or can I only send amended items, such as the forms, to add on to my existing peition/case..?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David M. Goldman
David M. Goldman
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You should review the documents with an attorney so they can give you accurate information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.