Sikeston, MO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Missouri

Q: Where do I go to get temporary custody of my son. My ex has him an he's not on the birth certificate.

An how soon can I get them

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Lydia Seifner

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Who gave your ex temporary custody? If it was the Court, then you need to follow the Court's orders and make sure to attend all of the other appearances to work out the case. However, if there is no order regarding custody, and the two of you were unmarried at the time the child was born; then the mother is the only one with rights over the child. You can simply go and pick up your son.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.