Denver, CO asked in Child Support for Colorado

Q: my son's dad wont agree to the child support calculator based upon his income wages will the judge tell him different?

we recently had mediation and we set a parenting plan he agreed to everything but when it came down to the child support I wanted it to go by the calculator based on his income wages and he didn't agree my son lives with me full time he would only have him weekends up until now with this new parenting plan he's always been flip flopping on his child support he hasn't been consistently giving me support until recently and it's always been the amount he wants every two weeks he gives me 150$ and what that calculator estimates the amount that he needs to give me is double the amount he currently gives me so I want to know will the judge grant that based upon his income? I've always been the primary parent for my son in 10 years he's never been to any school activities or doctor appointments of any sort so I feel like he should pay more to support my son some sort of way .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

John Hyland Barrett III

  • Licensed in Colorado

A: The court will probably follow the child support guidelines, unless there is a very good reason to deviate from them. You should retain an attorney to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.