Asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: I received a ticket from a Memphis officer, 64 in a 55 MPH zone code 21-106 $52.75 should I pay or go to court?

I was on the interstate. What will keep this off my record?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Anthony M. Avery

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Always go to Court on a Speeding Ticket. The Judge may allow you some way to Divert a Conviction, or even Dismiss it. That Violation is a 9 mph over type which is not reportable on your last 12 month's MVR. But you should still try to get is Diverted or Dismissed. Do not be smart to anyone at Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.