Eugene, OR asked in Family Law for Oregon

Q: my ex-husband signed and agreement to pay me 3500 dollars. He has done so. Is there anything I can do.

He signed an agreement to pay it in March of 2018. When every I say anything he just says he doesn't have it. He got everything in the divorce. We were married 37years

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Larsen
Jessica Larsen
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Depending on the terms of the written agreement, you may be able to take him to small claims court to enforce the contract. If the contract was not a part of your judgment of divorce, it is not a family law matter and must be handled independently. If the contract was made a part of your divorce judgment, you would file a motion to enforce the judgment on the divorce case.

I would recommend seeking an attorney for additional information. Without seeing the contract, it is impossible to give a comprehensive answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.