Chicago, IL asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Missouri

Q: my Husband has two children with ex gf and has joint custody.. He moved out of MO does this affect him?

The mother of his children has primary custody so the agreement was for him to get them some days (no nights) while he was living in Missouri. However he moved to IL and is now married to me.. his children come To visit him often and stay here with us while they are on vacation.. did He need to file or notify something/someone with the court of his move and visitation agreement? His ex gf was aware of his move months before it happened and agrees to children visiting us during school breaks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Lydia Seifner

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If the visitation schedule has changed and the parties wish to have an modification on file with the court to reflect those changes, making them enforceable, they may do so with an uncontested Motion to Modify. But it's not necessary if both parties are in agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.