Asked in Workers' Compensation for Florida

Q: Regarding attorney dismissal can I prepare the letter and proof of service I have submitted a letter to all parties but

The attorney I want to dismiss stated "our judge has to approve it and she loves him and won't " his words in an email and text. I live in Arizona so I need to travel to Los Angeles in order to give to the court a copy of proof of service. I already gave a copy of the letter to them. If the case is settled and awarded in 2016 as he states why would I need an attorney.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your question is unclear, but apparently the judge is in Los Angeles, California, so you should have asked this question in Justia › Ask a Lawyer › California ›. But no, you wouldn't have to travel to L.A. to get the proof of service to the judge; simply mail it to the clerk of court.

In any state in the U.S., if you want to get your attorney off of a case, normally you can.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.