Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Legal Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Hello, I believe I have a warrant in Fulton County. But no one will give me info as I'm out of state.

I was arrested years ago for driving without a license. When i showed up at court, they sent me home without ever seeing a judge. They didnt explain anything to me other than i would be cntacted within 6 months. I never recieved any mail or any further information regarding the case. A year later I was notified by Pennsylvania police that I indeed had an outstanding warrant in Atlanta for a driving infraction. When I contact the clerk of course in Fulton Co. they refuse to give me any info or whether or not I can pay whatever fine base I need to to relinquish the warrant. I am planning on moving back to Atlanta in the near future and I would like to clear up any discrepancies before I do.

1 Lawyer Answer
David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would encourage you to hire a lawyer who practices law in the jurisdiction that issued the ticket. If you have a fail to appear warrant you can order a copy of your driving history online with georgia dept of driver services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.