Athens, GA asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: My husband has impotency and denies to see a Dr. This problem ruined my life. I want to divorce. How can I prove it?

I’m 31 years old woman and He is 36 years old. I should prove our divorce is because of his impotence for some immigration reason. He first accepted to make appointment with Dr but then denied it and didn’t go.

Is there anything by law I can do to prove this?

Please help me!

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Robbie Levin

  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You don’t need to prove any of that to get a divorce. Hire a lawyer and file for divorce.

For more info, check out my website at

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree you don't need to prove impotency in order to get a divorce. You can file on the no fault grounds.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Georgia has a no fault divorce policy, so you don't have anything to prove. You can get a divorce if you'd like one. You should consult with an attorney who can help you plan the proper course of action. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.