Acworth, GA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Georgia

Q: Wife gives away or sells playstation worth $700 what can i do.

My wife and i hAve been separated a year.we are In the process of divorce

I let her and her daughter borrrow my PlayStation worth $700 and she either sold it or gave away without permission. She wont get it back. What can i do i have proof of ownership

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If no divorce has been filed, there is nothing you can do. If the divorce has been filed and a standing order issued, neither is supposed to dispose of marital property, although it is possible a court may not care too much about your video game system.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Kim Ebert

  • Lithia Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should look at the cost and utility of your issue. What's the system worth now? Where are you procedurally with the pending divorce? Have you gone to mediation yet? First, don't loan her anything else obviously. Second, if you have an attorney, shoot her an email - short and to the point. I'm more concerned with why this divorce has been pending for a year and you're worried about a Playstation. Get the divorce done.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree with my colleagues, I doubt anything is going to come of this. It's advisable to stop lending her things, and also to get the divorce moving along. If you are not already working with an attorney you should be. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.