Dallas, TX asked in Child Support for Louisiana

Q: My wife was “ordered” to pay child support by her controlling ex husband. She doesn’t pay directly to him does she?

My wife was “ordered” to pay child support but we didn’t consent to order because it’s false information about her wages (among other things) on it. We were told one thing by the ex (he’s a cop) and his lawyer and they went to the hearing officer and said we consented to something different. Does my wife have to send him money directly? Or will we be notified by Support services? How do we remedy the fact that her wages were misrepresented and that we didn’t go to the hearing officer because the ex husband said we were going to just settle out of court and then went without us being there. Help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire an attorney and immediately Object to the Hearing Officer's recommendation and to file for a New Trial.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.