Arnold, MO asked in Criminal Law for Missouri

Q: what can I do about false charges coming back on a state ran background check?

in 2013 I was pulled over in a McDonald's parking lot for a drunk person in my backseat. The police did field sobriety tests and told me that they didn't have any breathalyzers on hand and that they would be taking me to the county jail house to do a breathalyzer there. we got there and were told the machine was out for repairs. The cop told me that I would not be charged with a dwi and would get an mip. now in Dec 2018 a background check shows that I was arrested for possession of paraphernalia and theft for the date and incident from 2013

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Harvath
Joseph Harvath
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You could talk to an attorney about filing a petition for expungement of your arrest record and looking into your eligibility for such an expungement

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.