Lithonia, GA asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: have a son I signed the birth certificate but biologically he isnt mine can i motion for paternity test (never married)

Found out via spermicide i can't have kids without fertility

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Alfred Carroll
David Alfred Carroll
  • Pensacola, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There is a provision to challenge paternity if you get a DNA results saying you are not the biological parent. However, you must act within a very limiter period of time (about 90 days) of learning from DNA results that you are not the father. Please see Florida statute 742.18.

I hope this helps.

I wish you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Divorce Lawyer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.