Bolivar, MO asked in Child Custody for Missouri

Q: If i have a temporary custody agreement, to see my son every other weekend, what can i do when she doesn't show up?

She text and let me know she will not let me have him on my weekend. I filed a report with police, they would not make her uphold to the judge signed agreement. But they would take the report. Now im stuck here not seeing my son for four weeks, even if she decides to show up the next appointed time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Lydia Seifner

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can file a family access motion with the court to get the court to impose sanctions on her and grant you make up time for the lack of contact. If the problem persists, you may need to speak to an attorney to seek a Modification of custody so that you have primary residence with the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.