Asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: My husband lives in Alabama and I did with him at his mother's instill about a week ago. He took our daughter without

Making me aware. They have her at his mother's boyfriends house refuse me to see or speak to my child. I moved back to Georgia with my other 2 children. What can I do I'm single mom low income and I miss my daughter. His mother put my child in bathtub with her had my child wash her back and hair my daughter told me she felt uncomfortable the father is known druggie and family violence history he is abusive mentally and physically to other 2 children who are with me. His mother has no rights to child and they both are refusing me .help please i want my child home safely

3 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to speak to a lawyer in Alabama.

Mr. Samuel E. Thomas and Homer P Jordan IV agree with this answer

Mr. Samuel E. Thomas

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Athens, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree with counsel. You will need an Alabama attorney. Get one in his geographical area.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree with my colleagues, you need an Alabama attorney. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.