Snellville, GA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Georgia

Q: We are separated after 22 yrs. Not legally. He left the home. Is everything considered mine once he abandon them?

I put my stuff in storage. Until I move. He makes more than I. I get a $1050 SSI chk a mo. The rent is more. My illness has me 100 % disabled. 2015, He left me when I was awarded backpay. He fixed his car, took another woman on a trip and left me. The house of 23 years was falling in. The central unit stopped workn, has no heat or air. Roof leaked. I suffer with Lupus, sickle cell, DDD and pneumonia. Had 8 back surgeries with artificial disc with rods and pins. Nerve damage , PCOS, Osteoarthritis and thyroid disease with staph. I stay sick off and on been hospitalized recently. I moved into a rental due to it's unhealthy issues. i Signed my home over to the bank. Under my bankruptcy. He got a sep bank acct once he got another car, same bank. I got a job 3 to 4 hrs a day, I stay too I'll. I will have to stop working due to health issues. He doesn't live there with me. What rights do I have and will he have to pay for spousal support to help me with food, bills, medical, and gas etc?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to consult with a family law attorney about your specific case. It is possible that you will receive spousal support, but every case is different and the attorney needs to hear all of the background before giving you advice.

Homer P Jordan IV and Mr. Samuel E. Thomas agree with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It sounds like there are a lot of facts to your case. You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and help you plan the proper course of action. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Mr. Samuel E. Thomas agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.