Asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: What is involved in resolving a misdemeanor failure to appear charge?

I live in GA but the failure appear charge is in NC. I was unable to get to court date, and emailed a scaned document that I was to give the judge in order to dismiss case.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Forrest Clinton Barbour

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to consult with an attorney in NC.

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you have a failure to appear, there is a warrant for your arrest. If you do not resolve the failure to appear warrant you will always be subject to arrest and will be unable to renew your drivers license and it can be suspended by the issuing state. I would encourage you to hire a lawyer who works in the same jurisdiction as the NC court to help resolve this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.