Cumming, GA asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Small Claims for Georgia

Q: What is someone tampers with a dispossession notice on my door? I was sent a certified copy 4 days later from her theft.

Police served on 15th, her daughter reported her as the culprit of stealing rhe notice she filed. So i was unaware of the notice until the 19th. I have to repond by 22nd, but ive already responded. Its our home im not on lease but lived there longer than she has. I also have a tpo on her as well and she shut utilities off. I reported it but nothing was done. Inhave temp custody of her children. Not my biplogical kids per dfcs saftey plan. She had her 12 yr old take thw notice of my door and throw it away. What recourse do i have? What can she be charged with for stealing a court document and destrouing it..the mother not the 12 yr daughter.

1 Lawyer Answer

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would just respond the dispossessory action and not worry about the notice being stolen.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.