Americus, GA asked in Child Support for Georgia

Q: Child support took my 2016 and 2017 tax refund. Last month Dec 2018 they sent it all back why?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: There is no way for someone to know that without knowing more about your case. It is possible you overpaid and it was improperly withheld. You need to be the one to keep track of what you owe. Do not count on them to do it. They can make mistakes, just like everyone else, and if you are not there with the correct information to check them, it could end up causing you problems down the road. Be diligent in keeping records of what you've paid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.