Hendersonville, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: hi, so this is my first time ever in trouble with the court of law and I’ve beeb charged with possession

Of paraphernalia, it was a grinder and water cap what is gonna happen to me I’m scared

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would hire a criminal defense attorney. If you cannot afford one, the court can appoint an attorney for you. If it is truly your first offense, then you may be able to escape the maximum penalty and qualify for pre-trial diversion. This means that you could get a suspended sentence of 11 months and 29 days. If you commit no other offenses during the next year, then you could possibly get your record expunged. It is important that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible. Don't talk to anyone or enter any plea bargains until you do.

Cayley Turrin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I completely agree even if it is paraphernalia the court takes it very seriously and you should hire an attorney immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.