Canton, GA asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Divorce and adultery. My husband and I have been separated for almost a year not legally separated.

I have a boyfriend and I'm pregnant. Can my husband use adultery or will I go to jail for this? There is no money no alimony no nothing to share or split. When we first separated he moved to one state and I moved to another. We have two kids together. I want the divorce but he doesn't. Can I go to jail or lose my kids.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You won't go to jail. However, you do need to talk to an attorney about your options.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You won't go to jail for adultery. You should consult with an attorney who can help you plan the divorce. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.