Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Tennessee

Q: I got my parent plan adjusted with my ex husband and now he keeps calling me multiple times and being demanding and

Controlling In regards to our son.He’s been doing this after we left court on January 17th,2019.This was helpful my ex husband was there during to parent plan adjustment.He got 89 days out of 365 and only gets to decide extracurricular activities.He gets supervise visits every 2 weeks.I think the plan is going to his head and he’s going overboard and taking it to the extreme.I will consult in a family attorney because I feel like he’s harassing me and trying to intimidate me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Harassing phone calls can be a criminal offense. At the same time, your parenting plan requires you to make a good faith effort to work with the other parent to resolve minor disputes ( that is what is BEST for your CHILD). If the plan was changed on 1/17/2019- your ex still has time to appeal the court's decision if he disagrees with what the Judge decided.

Any further appeal would be expensive, so you probably need to try to avoid that. Keep your communications brief and businesslike. If he continues to call excessively, warn him ( verbally and in writing) that it must stop and that he should just abide by the court order. If he won't stop, consider filing the criminal charge, but before taking that drastic action, consult an experienced family law attorney for more specific advice.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.