Farmington, NM asked in Child Custody and Child Support for New Mexico

Q: I have custody of my daughter have since she born. Her dads what's costody to get out paying CS will get get ot

I'm not unfit parent and I lived in same house for 5 years my daughter is well taken care of. Her dad gets her every other weekend but doesn't always take her. He also talks very bad about me. He thinks he should have pay CS and he wants me pay for his lawyer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carlos N. Martinez
Carlos N. Martinez
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: If I understand the question correctly, you are wondering if your kiddo's father can get custody to get out of paying child support. Your daughter's father can always petition the court for custody. The court looks to what is in the best interest of the child to determine what type of custody and timeshare arrangement should occur.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.