Murfreesboro, TN asked in Civil Litigation for Tennessee

Q: My LLC company took payment and never delivered the goods. The customer sued me personally and won against me.

The payment was made to my company. This changes the whole tax/income matter. Further the item is a firearm and the LLC holds the license not I.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Anthony M. Avery

  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The corporate entity that should have been the Defendant should have been brought to the Court's attention earlier. If it is not too late, you may wish to file a Rule 59 Motion or an Appeal. Hire a competent attorney immediately. If it was General Sessions, you have 10 days to file for a new trial in Circuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.