Cumming, GA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Sexual Harassment for Georgia

Q: I want to sue my ex-partner for giving me HSV std. Ex passed it to me and my 2-yr old son.

I have pictures of my son on his eye with the outbreak and I have proof of when I had my son we were clean (no std no infections nothing at all) jan/feb 2017. Started dating Ex partner may 2017. And starting haveing weird symptoms and went to get checked for a UTI infection and found out I had Hsv. I asked my ex partner if he had any stds and he denied all. Then when I told him I had it and had to have gotten it from him, he didn’t say anything at all. I found out he cheated on me with another woman for at least two months. My baby (2 years old now) had a bad outbreak around his eye and no one could figure out what it was. I did a little bit of research and think it’s hsv with alike pictures from internet this past week. I’ve asked his pediatrician to test for the std. I want to sue him for lying to me about haveing an std and knowingly transmitted it to notnonly me but my baby!!!!!!! Please help. This caused me to be on medication for anxiety and depression.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact a member of the Ga. Trial Lawyers Assn in your county--they give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.