Asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: Can a woman take another woman to court for sleeping with her husband even if she did not know

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I'm not sure what you mean by "take her to court." There is no civil case for alienation of affection as in other states. The other woman may be called as a witness in a potential divorce case.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I agree with my colleague. Take her to court for what? And what didn't she know, that he was married? Also agree that she could end up being a witness in a divorce case. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Kim Ebert

  • Lithia Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: No, but it's a good lesson in doing a background check and knowing the person you're about to intimate with. And as the other lawyers suggest, the "other woman" may be dragged into a nasty divorce .....

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.