Cleveland, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I am looking for information on how to obtain my Pre sentence investigation report from 2001.

I am needing all my information from my case so I can apply for a pardon from the president. I will be needing this for the mandatory information required for the application.. please help and thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence James Arnkoff
Lawrence James Arnkoff
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I am assuming from your question that you have a federal conviction.

If so your PSR should be available at the U.S. probation office

in the district your were sentenced. Also the attorney who represented

you at the time should have a copy. If that fails you could file a pro se

motion in that court asking the Judge to have the clerk of the court

release a copy of the PSR to you. Since it is not public record the clerk

cannot release it without a court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.