Milwaukee, WI asked in Immigration Law for Wisconsin

Q: Q: I am in USA on business visa B1 from last 1 month. Can I marry a USA citizen and apply for status adjustment.

Can I marry him in USA and apply for conditional GC or should I go back and apply from my home country. I had my h1b visa stamped earlier.(2008 to 2011), but I never used it. Its not that I am getting married immediately but can I get married within in my 6 months of stay.

If that is possible I can contact an immigration lawyer and proceed further.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kelli Y. Allen
Kelli Y. Allen
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC

A: You should definitely contact an immigration attorney for assistance as there are multiple options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.