Slidell, LA asked in Child Support for Louisiana

Q: Moving to Texas in June,father lives in NOLA,Once I file for residency,Can I get my child support transferred to Texas??

I am not getting the support I need from Orleans Child support,make complaints,call the Baton Rouge Office,had a lawyer but the father would keep resetting the date and still not paying.The judge told him just pay $50 if he could and that will do but he does not pay that.The judge never forced anything on him,he requested a modification with one check stub he brought and then he quit the job.She never asked for his tax returns nor forced him to pay anything in the rears.How can I get another judge to review my case in Louisiana if it has to stay in Orleans parish.I live in Slidell but the judge told me I can not transfer my case to at tammy parish??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You can't relocate your child out of Louisiana without the consent of the other parent or a court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.