Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Missouri

Q: Hello. I'm needing to know what rights noncustodial parent has when child has been moved out of state without consent?

Also, child is 6 yrs old and was pulled out of school by custodial parent in September 2018 and is still not enrolled or attending school. Moved 6 times in less than six months. What are my rights?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Lydia Seifner

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Your rights are entirely dependent on your marital status to the custodial parent and if there has been a previous court order that the other parent might be violating. There's not enough information here to give and adequate answer, so I highly recommend you speak to a family attorney in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.