Brownsville, TX asked in Probate for Indiana

Q: My mother didn't leave a will has to property has no debt what kind of lawyer do I need? There are four of us agreement.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William J Webster
William J Webster
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Westfield, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Even though everyone is in agreement, in order to transfer property from your mother to you and your siblings you will need to hire a probate attorney to open and assist in administering your mother's estate.

When the estate is opened a personal representative is appointed who has the authority to transfer property from the person who passed away to his or her beneficiaries or heirs at law.

Depending on the size of the estate and types of property, there may be other methods available to administer your mother's estate, therefore I recommend you contact a probate attorney to assist you with the process.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at 317-565-1818.


William Webster

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.