Chicago, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: My wife was pull over in Venice Illinois, with a suspended license and improper registration. She was bonded out for

$150.00. The car was towed to Andy tow in Venice. The police department will no release the car because their stating you do not own the car so we are not going to release the car to you. We showed them the insurance, Bill of sale, and the Jimmy Kavadas car company even confirm the ownership of the car. How can we get our car back?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

David J. Winer

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Waukegan, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I highly suggest that you contact a traffic lawyer specifically in your area. I work only in Lake and Cook County only and am not familiar with your area. A local lawyer will be much more help

Juan Ooink agrees with this answer

Juan Ooink

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You should hire an attorney in the area to assist you with this matter. It is possible that the State is trying to forfeit the vehicle, which all depends on the basis for the suspended license. The sooner you hire an attorney the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.