Eugene, OR asked in Adoption and Bankruptcy for Oregon

Q: hello I filed chapter 7 back in 2017 my 2015 Dodge Ram was included in that ch 7 the credit union has allowed me to keep

the vehicle however it is not being reported to the credit agencies can i turn in said vehicle without repercussions thank you Todd

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: If you signed a reaffirmation agreement on the Dodge, the lender can still pursue a judgment post bankruptcy for which you would be liable. If you did not sign a traffic, you can simply turn it over to the lender and walk away. Check with your bankruptcy attorney as to what your signed and your current status of this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.