Asked in Real Estate Law

Q: I have 2 years left on a Mexican time share with an annual maintenance fee of $ 575.00 US and I stop paying it ?

I live in Canada . What can happen - if anything ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hales
Michael Hales

A: I've seen a few timeshare companies in Mexico get aggressive when it comes to past-due maintenance fees. The typical method is to hire a collection agency and report the delinquency to the credit bureaus. I wrote a bit about this recently and you can access my article here:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.