Miami Beach, FL asked in Civil Rights, Small Claims and Municipal Law for Florida

Q: What can I do about loud and rude Airbnb party house?

There’s a small apartment building next to mine which is rented out on airbnb exclusively for parties. They usually party very late with loud music and can stay up all night. Earplugs don't help. As it’s different people every time, asking them to be quiet has gotten really old. The host is also not very friendly and doesn’t do anything about it despite being told about the problem. When you call the police and they arrive they just call back and say they can’t enter the property because there’s a fence. I almost lost any hope to stop this madness.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: An attorney can definitely help you to solve this terrible problem. There are three issues to examine: (A) whether the AirBnB rental is legal to begin with, which will depend on your city zoning code and other ordinances, (B) whether the noise exceeds permissible noise levels specified in your city ordinances, and (C) whether, even if legal under all of the above standards, you can nevertheless bring a lawsuit to enjoin the nuisance (and first threaten to bring such a lawsuit to attempt amicable resolution). You are dealing with an individual who doesn't give a damn about anything except $$$. Once you get an attorney after him/her, forcing him/her to SPEND $$$, he/she will probably change his/her tune.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.