Atlanta, GA asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: I have been looking for a medical malpractice attorney who would be willing to take my husband's case against the ER

He was not stable when released and I learned the doctor has had settlements before. I would like to know if there is anything I can do? He was released 6/9/15 and returned 6/10/15, got admitted, but has been disabled since then. My concern is that I know personally another person who he did the same thing to. Provided steroids and released them and they ended up back at the ER the next day and were admitted as well. It was brought to my attention that the hospital could still be held accountable especially if my husband is not the only person that was released prior to being stable.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert J. Fleming
Robert J. Fleming pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: In Georgia, the statute of limitations for medical malpractice is two years from the date of the alleged malpractice. While there are very limited exceptions, this deadline is something that must be met or your right to sue is lost forever. It appears from you question that the statute of limitations may preclude a lawsuit in your case, but to be sure, you should contact a lawyer who handles medical malpractice cases in Georgia as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.