Nevada, MO asked in Domestic Violence for Missouri

Q: My boyfriend called the cops to get me on third floor or into heartland. They arrested me. I have mental disorders.

I black out. I have biploar disorder, anxiety, depression, add, ADHD. My boyfriend was just trying to help me and the cops arrested me and I was already in a blackout/mental breakdown. I hadnt been on my meds as my physcotrist died a month or so ago and that day I was going to get my medicine. I threw stuff at The wall was yelling etc and he told the cops no to arresting me but they did so anyways. What do I do?? I was charged with misdemeanor A on two accounts. Can I do probation and fine if I get all my information for my illnesses gathered?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Definitely hire a criminal defense attorney. The outcome of your case will likely differ depending if you represent yourself or get someone who knows what he is she is doing to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.