Ashland City, TN asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: My elderly father in law has alzheimer's , was in a car accident that was his fault. Can the insurance company sue him?

He has no assets and on a fixed income.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The other car's Driver, Owner or Insurance Carrier, can all sue the other driver which caused the wreck. If your Father had Insurance then he should let them handle the Claim. If not, expect to at least have his License suspended for Lack of Financial Responsibility, and possibly other Rule of the Road Violations. You need to talk to a competent attorney about whether his Assets are vulnerable such as Real Property

or his Bank Account.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.