Delavan, WI asked in Bankruptcy for Wisconsin

Q: x-spouse and new wife claimed chapter 13 and is failing to pay court ordered support to me. What can I do to get help?

We were married for 20 yrs. He divorced me on March 14,2016. I had filed for contempt of court and he still had not paid up. 2017 he owes me $940.00 - 2018 he owes me $810.00 - so far 2019 he owes $875.00. Divorce case no.: 15 FA 0546 Case Code 40101 David and Cheryl Wollert bankruptcy case 18-21254 Doc 14 filed 03/15/18. I filed as creditor for support obligations (including alimony and child support )

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: He still owes you the money. Child support and Alimony are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Moreover, the stay does not apply to pursuit of these debts. Contempt in the divorce case is your best, quickest option.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.