Summertown, TN asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Divorce for Tennessee

Q: What to do abut my husbanD assault me an one of our children and the judge gives him temporary custody

My husband which assault me an our 12 yr son still has charges pend. In one county an my husband goes an gets his lawyer to reopen our divorce case which is in amother county and tells that judge that I made all that up and some more lies so while I was on the hospital the judge goes my husband temporary cus today an puts my children back in harms way I need to know what to do an if that's really legal what they have done

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: At this point in time, your case is far more factual than legal. On this question and answer forum, we attempt to help individuals by providing simple explanations about the law. Your issue needs the attention of local counsel, who can ask you the appropriate questions to communicate with the judges and other officials involved to resolve the crisis in your favor. You have a constitutional right to counsel. If you cannot afford an attorney, one can be appointed for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.