Memphis, TN asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Tennessee

Q: I am confused on excessive force and unlawful search and seizure how does it constitute response to resistance only?

I have filed a civil lawsuit i was denied medical denied supervisors unlawfully detained and unconstitutionally detained after following order of a officer. My arms bleeding and several request for supervisors and medical treatment after officers told me go in my home then busted into my home without warrant unlawful using excessive force and causing my injury with handcuffs causing bleeding 45 min. I was not charged nor taken to jail for anything i was released and told im sorry. but even after i took my pictures of injury direct after. The next day i attempt to file a complaint at internal affairs when the injury after could be as well recorded and make complaint but was told i couldn't it i even tried pressing charges after iab recommended it when 2 months later it was after my complaining then actually noticed. Im a victim i shouldnt have to be a lawyer or prosecutor when those needed to be held accountable should be I NEED A LAWYER one i can trust and cares

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You may have a Government Tort Liability Action against the City/County and the Law Enforcement Agency. Contact a competent attorney to file suit, which is not a Jury Trial. However you may not have enough damages nor evidence. You have less than 1 year to build your Case and find an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.