Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: I signed a temporary guardianship over while I was incarcerated and she refuses to let me see my son may I go get him on

It's in Gwinnett County Georgia there's no restrictions on me and I like I said I'd joint custody was my husband previous to the guardianship what can I do I've already made to police reports and from what I'm told she's lying my son and tell him not telling him I came by that time and also put him in the counseling twice a week that I did not approve of I believe firmly that had she been let me see my son this would not be even a situation of him seeing a counselor I need to see my baby and I will go over there and take him with me now if I can

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha A Holloway
Samantha A Holloway
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Your question is a difficult to understand. If the temporary guardianship was filed in probate court, you can revoke your permission to the guardianship at any time. Just go to the probate court clerk's office to file the paperwork.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.